Thursday, September 29, 2011

Is It Time To Harvest?!


"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."
Galatians 6:9


I think this verse is amazing! I read it in the book I talked about recently called Believing God by Beth Moore. This is a great book! If you haven't read it already, I highly recommend it! In this part of the book she is talking about living the day to day. I can totally relate. I get so sick of doing the same tasks all of the time. Such as loading and unloading the dishwasher (I know I should be thankful I even have one!), washing laundry ( at least we have clothes), and making another meal for my kids ( I have kids?!). There are many more areas, but I think you get where I am going with this idea.
It is so hard to be thankful for the chores we have to do all the time, but our families benefit from every little thing we do! We save money by washing dishes instead of buying new ones. They wear clean and neat clothes. They grow and are healthy from the meals we prepare.
On that small list my least favorite is making meals. I feel like I am constantly serving someone. Most of the time my girls don't even appreciate it. They come to the table and look at the food like it is going to kill them. Pants usually runs away crying. Pie Pie will choke it down if there is dessert. Don't worry my husband ALWAYS appreciates any meal! That's who I actually cook for. 
Every once in a while I make something Pie Pie loves. It is totally worth the effort to see her happily eating a meal. A meal she would eat even without dessert! Pants is still a mystery to me in the food department.
So whatever your least favorite task of the day is you just have to keep at it. Eventually you will get your own, "Yum, this is ACTUALLY good, Mom!"!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the reminder and encouragement friend! I wanted you to know I gave you a blog award here http://ejoym.blogspot.com/2011/09/im-honored.html
    Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete