Friday, September 23, 2011

God is Love

I am currently reading a Beth Moore book titled Believing God. It has some challenges in the book. One of them is memorizing five statements about God. The first one is:
God is who He says He is!
(I added the exclamation point! I am sure Beth Moore would approve.)
This week Pants is learning the Bible Verse God is Love. 1 John 4:8. Now I know there are many other qualities God is, but I thought this was pretty neat. These two learning experiences matched up so sweetly. I could see a little bow right on top of the present God has given to me. I thought I'd pass it on to whoever happens to be reading this post. By the way my bow is green with pink polka dots, you can pick whatever colors you like!


I also wanted to share some more verses about God's love!
God loved us and sent His Son. 1 John 4:10
For God so loved the world that He sent His one and only Son that whoever believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16
The Lord is gracious and compassionate slow to anger and rich in love. Psalm 145:8
But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
The earth is filled with your love, O Lord; teach me your decrees. Psalm 119:64



There are many more verses about God's love! What is your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment