Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Pokemon has been discovered at my house! We have basically been taken over with the love of all things Pokemon! We've got books, movies, cards and drawings.


Pie Pie has been developing her drawing talent by drawing various Pokemon. As you can see, she has gotten quite good!



Pants likes to pretend to be different Pokemon. Her favorite is Squirtle. She runs around yelling, "Squirtle, Squirtle!", and then she curls up on the floor and pretends to be in a Pokeball. A Pokeball is where a Pokemon rests in between battles.


Both of the girls like to use plastic eggs from Easter to hold their pretend Pokemon. Pie pie currently has a Pickachu and Charmander. Pants has a Squirtle, of course!



I find Pokemon interesting. I was tired of the same old thing, so this was something new for us to explore. You can only watch so much My Little Pony and Dora before you go a little crazy! (Not that I wasn't already.) There is a ton of movies and books in the Library System, so it will be a while until we watch all of them.



I like to learn about all of the different Pokemon. One of my favorites is Shuppet. This Pokemon takes all of your negative feelings and makes them positive. Who wouldn't love a creature who can do that!?!


Shuppet
I also love the ones who say their name in a cool way!  I'm not a big fan of the girl characters in the show choice of dress. They all have tops with their bellies hanging out. I didn't notice, but Pants did. One night she was walking around with her shirt pulled up saying, "I'm a girl, I'm a girl.". I was racking my brain trying to figure out where she got that idea. I asked her, "Where is that from?". She said, "Jessie, from Team Rocket.". Jessie is a character from Pokemon. That is when I noticed the girl's clothing. I just explained that kind of clothing is not my girls! I've decided it's still a basically decent show. We all have to make our own decisions about what shows are appropriate for our children to watch.


One of the positives is that the Pokemon do fight, but they don't die. They just need to go back in their Pokeball to recharge! I still have much to learn about Pokemon. I've just started on my journey. I am going to take my time and enjoy the ride.




I doubt we will ever "Catch 'Em All!", but does Ash Ketchum ever accomplish that either?!
P.S. Ash Ketchum is the lead character in Pokemon!

No comments:

Post a Comment