Tuesday, February 28, 2012

What's Up With My Pants?!

My Pants has been rather bored lately because I have not taken the time to think up fun and educational projects for her to do. We were doing all the "normal" stuff for preschoolers, it just didn't strike her as what she wanted to do. So, that means she drives me and Pie Pie crazy while we do school.
I took some action and saw somewhere in blogland an idea for playing with sand. I remembered I had some colored cornmeal already prepped from a previous project. (It's really easy to make, just put some food coloring in a bowl with the cornmeal and stir until it is your desired color.)


She had fun making letter shapes and digging. While she was playing I read Katy and The Big Snow.


She then pretended a piece of paper was a snow plow and plowed the cornmeal.




Pants also made some fun ladybugs with her fingerprints.



I also copied some fun math games from a book (I unfortunately forgot to write the title down) that Pie Pie and Pants have both been enjoying. They especially like the little critter in Catch The Critter Game. It's a little bit of monkey and frog mixed together.


The last idea I wanted to share today was Cookie Monster Letter Bingo. We each had fun putting our cookies on the correct letter.




This post was brought to you by the letter "F",



which is for flower!



I linked this post up with Mouse Grows, Mouse Learns and Super Readers Book Club.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good time, thanks for sharing with us at Super Readers Book Club.

    ReplyDelete