Thursday, February 9, 2012
It's Playtime~Days 10-12
We went with the baking soda, food coloring and vinegar experiment. It's an oldie, but a goodie! The girls had fun stirring and adding the different ingredients. They said they were potions and managed to use up the whole bottle of vinegar!
Day # 11
For our Field Trip we visited Chuck E. Cheese. It was also a prize for Pants. She had earned a special prize so we decided to combine the two events. We all went as a family. The girls had fun playing games and I even got to play a little Skee Ball too!
Day # 12
Pants and I decided to bake some yummy bread while Pie Pie and Daddy were at a basketball game. Pants loved being involved and tasting all the ingredients. Everyone had a chance to enjoy some of the warm bread before bedtime.
Here's the recipe if you are interested.
Pumpkin Molasses Gingerbread
This recipe makes 2 9x5 loaves.
3 cups of sugar ( I only used half of that amount.)
1 cup of vegetable oil
1/2 cup of molasses
1/4 cup of water
1 can ( 15 oz ) of pumpkin puree
2 tsp. of ground ginger
1 tsp. of ground allspice
1 tsp. of ground cinnamon
1 tsp. of ground cloves
3 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
2 tsp. of baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. of salt
1/2 tsp. of baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Lightly grease pans.
3. Mix together sugar, oil and eggs, beat until smooth.
4. Add molasses, and water. Beat until well blended.
5. Stir in pumpkin, ginger, allspice, cinnamon and cloves.
6. In another bowl; combine flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder.
7. Add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture and blend just until ingredients are mixed.
8. Divide batter between prepared pans.
9. Bake in a preheated oven about an hour.
More Play to come!