Friday, February 24, 2012

Flavorful Friday

It's been a while since I've done one of these! I recently made something very yummy in my slow cooker that I had to share. Actually, I guess my slow cooker made it because I wasn't home!

It's called Slow Cooker Corn Chowder with Shrimp.
I got the recipe from Natural Moms Recipes.



Ingredients:
4 cups of chicken broth
2 16 oz. bags of frozen corn
onion ( I used minced onion.)
2 carrots, diced ( I used canned carrots.)
2 potatoes, diced ( I used canned potatoes.)
salt and pepper
1 cup of water
1 pound of medium shrimp
half a cup of heavy cream
( My store was out of heavy cream, so I used light cream, still tasted good.)

Directions
1. Put all the ingredients except the shrimp and heavy cream in your slow cooker.
2. Stir the ingredients.
3. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
4. Remove a portion of the soup to a blender and puree.
5. Pour the pureed soup back into your slow cooker.
6. Add the shrimp.
7. Cover and cook until the shrimp is pink and firm, about 10 minutes.
8. Stir in half a cup of heavy cream.
9. I promise you will enjoy this delicious soup!

No comments:

Post a Comment