Monday, February 27, 2012

Coices, Choices, Choices

Vacation Bible School Season has officially begun for me! This is the time when most homeschool moms are starting to think about what they are going to do next year, but not me. I am getting ready to direct our church's V.B.S. I am so excited!


This past Saturday I attended a Workshop, especially for V.B.S. There were representatives from different publishers who each had a chance to tell us about their program. It is fun to see how much these people love V.B.S. They also make it very hard to choose because they all think that you should choose their program.


The first choice you have to make is what program you want to use. Sometimes this is easy, but most times it is not. You have to take a lot of things into consideration. For example, if the adults will like it, if the kids will like it, is it similar to the one we did last year, does it have great and catchy music, will the Bible stories relate to our kids and there is lots more. I  think about if we can physically pull off this progrm at our church and have a GREAT time while we are doing it! I  really get into prayer about it and listen to what jumps out at me and pulls at my heart. Basically which program just keeps popping back into my head! 




There are many other choices that will have to be made concerning this year's V.B.S., but I'm glad there is one decision I do not have to make. I know who is really in charge, Jesus, and I am so glad I can look to Him for wisdom and guidance as I continue on this journey!

This season of Vacation Bible School has just begun.
Come back often for updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment