Monday, November 14, 2011

It's All About Thankfullness

We usually like to do a craft project in November to remind us to be Thankful. The last couple years I have drawn a turkey and we have filled in feathers with what we are thankful for. 


This year I decided to do something different. There is a reason for the change. I was in charge of a craft at our homeschool group recently. We ordered a craft and it hadn't arrived by the day before we needed it, so I made a back-up.  I just knew if I didn't the craft would not arrive on time.  So I made a craft and the purchased craft, of course, arrived just in time. Anyway,  I had the extra craft all cut out.  It was bunches of leaves and birds to make a garland. Enough for thirty kids! So, that is what we are using this year. We are writing what we are thankful for on birds and leaves and hanging them up. Here's a little sample:




Pants's Thankfullness
Mommy, Daddy, Pie Pie, Abby, birds, leaves, dogs, Nanners, Poppy, Nah Nah, Olivia, Aunt J. and turtles

Pie Pie's Thankfullness
Webkinz, Daddy, library, Pop Pop, Nanners, t.v., Archie, My family and AWANA

My Thankfullness
Daddy, coffee, chicken tortilla soup, Pants and Pie Pie, Nanners and Pop Pop, Grammy and Grumpy, friends and Sparks and Cubbies

We are not finished, so don't be sad if you didn't make one of our lists! I'm sure you'll get on there!

Enter His gates with Thanksgiving and His courts with praise; give thanks to Him and praise His Name.
Psalm 100:4
What are you thankful for?!

No comments:

Post a Comment