|These pictures are from Daddy's 30th Birthday! Instead of cake we had a Pie Bar!|
|Daddy enjoyed the featured pie, Sweet Potato!|
Crust (I use store bought but you can make your own if you like.)
4 Tbsp. of unsalted butter, softened
1/3 cup of sugar
1 1/2 cups mashed sweet potatoes, fresh or canned unsweetened, well drained
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1/2 cup milk
1 Tbsp. pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp. ground ginger
pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Fit the crust into the 9- inch pie pan, trim and crimp the edges. Cover the shell with aluminum foil and line the foil with pie weights. Bake for ten minutes. Remove the pie weights and foil, and bake the crust five minutes more. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
3. Lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees.
4. Put the butter and sugar in a bowl and cream together until fluffy, four to five minutes using the electric mixer on medium speed. Add the mashed sweet potatoes, eggs, and milk, and beat until combined. Add the vanilla, spices, and salt, and blend well.
5. Pour the filling into the prebaked crust and bake the pie for 55 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove the pie to a wire rack and let cool for 30 minutes. The pie can be served warm or at room temperature.