Friday, July 29, 2011
2 medium zucchini
2 plum tomatoes halved, seeded and diced small (I used canned diced tomatoes)
1/4 tsp of oregano
salt and pepper
5 oz. fresh mozzarella
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Brush a rimmed baking sheet with olive oil.
3. Halve the 2 medium zucchini length-wise and scrape out seeds.
4. Place cut side up on baking sheet and season with salt and pepper.
5. In a small bowl combine 2 plum tomatoes (or can of tomatoes) , 1/4 tsp of oregano and mushrooms. You can use however much you want. I like a lot.
6. Top zucchini with tomato mixture and bake until zucchini is tender. About 20 minutes.
7. Heat Broiler with rack in the top position.
8. Top zucchini with fresh mozzarella torn into 1 inch pieces.
9. Broil until cheese is brown and bubbling about 1 to 2 minutes.
10. Serve immediately!
This was so yummy I had to share it. It is kind of like a healthy pizza!