Sunday, August 7, 2011

What's in a Name?

I've been meaning to do this, but I never did. I admit it, I'm pretty lazy. I LOVE to sleep! Anyway, back to the point. Some people have asked me what is with my girls' names on my blog?! Originally I used their actual names. Most people who read this blog know my girls real names, but then as I was reading other blogs I realized some people do not use their kids real names. So I, who prefer to be a follower, decided to use nicknames as well. I also wanted to give my kids a little privacy in our very public world.
For my oldest her name is Pie Pie. When she was a baby I always called her by her name with Pie Pie on the end. I don't shorten names, I lengthen them.
Pie Pie
My youngest is named Pants. This name came from my sister-in-law who had a friend that added pants to everything. So she called her by her name than pants. Pants likes her name. She tells me Pie Pie made a pie and Pants made cupcakes.

Pants
So that's your answer to the unusual names of my girls. We love them and actually use them! Unfortunately you have to love them too!

P.S. This is for anyone who might have thought that Pie Pie and Pants were my childrens' actual names. I would like to give you some love for thinking I have that much confidence to give my kids such crazy names!

No comments:

Post a Comment