Sunday, August 21, 2011

In What Direction Are You Headed?

This past week has been a little difficult at our house. God blessed us with a lot of rain last weekend, which caused sewage to back up into our basement. This has actually happened to us before, but it has never crept it's way across the entire basement floor. We, unfortunately, did lose a couple of items. Our poor little worms were one of the casualties. There are many items that did survive which is actually what caused all the difficulty of the week. We had to empty the basement so they could clean and sanitize the entire space. The basement was our main storage area so we are living among boxes. Our house is on the smaller side so it has been cramped quarters!


This is our dining room.


This is our playroom.
I have also made the decision that the boxes are not going back down to the basement. These boxes hold mainly baby necessities. I have been holding onto them just in case we have another baby. It is hard to let go of these items, but I feel it is time. This is not to say we will not have another baby, that is up to God, we will just  have to replace things. I just can't risk putting all of those items back downstairs and have them ruined too. I want them used by someone who needs them. I am happily gifting the clothes to my niece, a friend's daughter, and a soon-to-be-born baby. The crib and some other baby items are also going to that new momma!
Even though our dining room, where we usually do school, is covered with boxes and bags. I have still been doing school with Pie Pie and Pants. We found a way using clipboards and a travel writing desk. We spent two days learning about Christopher Columbus. The second day of our study I gave Pie Pie a compass to decorate. This was just a little project I thought she would do in a few minutes. She actually got into it and spent a fair amount of time on it. I was fixing lunch and she kept asking me how to spell different words. I started to get excited to see her finished project. She turned it into a Compass/Map. So neat! Never thought a little project would make my day brighter.
















I can't leave out Pants! She came over to me and sang The B-I-B-L-E! Which prompted me to sing back to her. Smiles all around!
So even though the events weren't the plans or the direction I would have chose for my week the Lord reminds me His way is best. We need to find Joy and Happiness in any and every situation!
"A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones." Proverbs 17:22

P.S. I'm off to Squirmsville!

No comments:

Post a Comment