Monday, May 21, 2012

Tiaras for Everyone!

"I am a princess. All girls are. Even if they live in tiny old attics; even if they aren't pretty, or smart, or young. They're still princesses. All of us. Didn't your father ever tell you that? Didn't he?"
-A Little Princess-



If your father never told you that you are a princess, I am here to tell you that you ARE! Anyone who is a child of God, the King of Kings, is a princess. If you haven't worn your tiara in quite some time, now is the time to dust it off and wear it with pride!
Right now I am reading a fabulous book called Raising A Modern-Day Princess by Pam Farrel and Doreen Hanna. I recommend it to anyone who is raising a girl. It is all about teaching a young woman how to grow into the princess that they truly are. There is also a book called Becoming a Modern-Day Princess by the same authors for your daughter to read too. I will be looking into that for my girls a little later. The books for the daughters are geared for someone a little bit older than Pie Pie.


I had the pleasure of enjoying a Princess's Sweet Sixteen this past weekend.


 It was very uplifting to see my friend putting together a special event for her daughter.


 Girls need these milestone events so they can understand their worth to God and us.
I look forward to celebrating many special events with my daughters as they grow into young ladies.



Don't forget you are growing too! We need to learn everyday so we can be the best Moms we can be to our daughters and sons!

"For you must teach others those thing you and many others have heard me speak about. Teach these great truths to trustworthy men and women who will, in turn, pass them on to others.
-2 Timothy 2:2-


P.S. There is also a book for boys called Raising A Modern-Day Knight by Robert Lewis. I have not read this book because I do not have any boys. There are so many good books about girls written that I focus on those. If I have a boy one day then you will get some reviews about those books! I hope you understand. There is so many books, so little time!

No comments:

Post a Comment