Tuesday, May 29, 2012

A Decade Out With A Bang............and In With a Renewal!

There we are on our Happy Tenth Anniversary! This was after a fun day of celebrating with our friends and family!


Let's get to the bang part, which was the day before our party. For our "alone time" part of our anniversary my friend graciously offered to watch our girls for us. I'm not sure how many people participate in this activity for their dates, but I thought I would let Daddy have some fun. We went to the gun range! Yes, you read that right, the gun range. It was actually very fun!


Daddy likes to spend time there so I thought I would join him.


We took turns shooting his different guns and enjoyed the beautiful day.


 Since he picked the activity, I got to pick the restaurant. Red Robin, Yum! I love Red Robin and they recently built one right near our house. (I'm getting hungry right now just thinking about their food!) We were so into eating the yummy food we didn't take pictures! That's okay we have plenty from our renewal ceremony to share!
The night before the ceremony my Mommy-in-law and Sis-in-law helped set everything up with Daddy and me.


 My Mom was hard at work on the beautiful cake you can see in this picture! I just wanted to get a thank you in to them for all of their hard work!



I had ordered some special shirts for us a little while ago, they say "My Marriage Still Rocks". They are from an awesome company that is all about the celebration of marriage. If you are interested check them out here. They make all different kinds of shirts, including some for kids.  Our Renewal day was just as bright and sunny as our original wedding day. We renewed our vows in the sanctuary and everything went very smoothly.



 There are some different reasons I wanted to renew our vows. One is because we didn't originally get married in a church. At the time of our marriage we did not attend a church. We stared attending our current church right after Pants was born and have grown to love God more each day. I felt it was time to honor God by saying our vows in the church. 
We had a couple bumpy years way back in the beginning of our marriage. I felt we needed to do this at this time because now I really know what I am saying. At ten years you know what you are agreeing to when you say your vows.  We are definitely stuck with each other now!
I also wanted to share this special event with our girls. They were not at our wedding, but they got to be a part of this event. They were very excited to see their parents "Get Married!".
After the ceremony we had a delicious lunch with our friends and family. At our wedding we decided to be nice to each other and not smash the cake in each other's faces. Not this time!



It's a lot harder than it looks to actually make a mess of the frosting! We tried and even got the girls involved!


Here's to many more years!


This was definitely an event I never want to forget! If there's something you want to celebrate, go for it! You will not regret taking the time to make memories and have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment