Tuesday, December 4, 2012

More Books

I read most of these books a little while ago, but I haven't had a chance to post them on here. My current reads are Christmassy. There are certain books I love to read this time of year. Perhaps I will get to share them in a later post. Anyway, here are some of my recent reads on Nikki's List of Books!
 
Watership Down
by Richard Adams
This book is a great adventure story. It's about a group of male rabbits trying to find a new home. They have lots of trials in the search and when they do find a home, they realize there is no female rabbits. They decide they need some women, so the dangers start all over again. My favorite rabbit in the book is Bigwig. He is a tough fighter and knows what he wants. This is now my favorite in Nikki's List of Books. I would recommend this book to everyone!
 
The Catcher in the Rye
by J.D. Salinger
This book is a story where you are basically thrown into the brain of a 15 year old boy, who is on his own, over the course of a couple of days. He sets off from school and heads to New York. A lot of unusual events happen. He drinks and smokes and does other things you would expect him to do on his own. The ending is rather abrupt as well. It was an interesting read. If you like a lot of curse words, you would love this book. I'd put it on your maybe list.
 
The Great Gatsby
by F. Scott Fitzgerald
This book is a love story. It was a rough start, but it gets very good. I actually started the book, put it down, read another book and came back to this book. The second time it was much better. I really got into the mysterious Gatsby. It's set in the 20's, so there are lots of fabulous parties. These parties are all planned with the hopes of reuniting with a lost love. Will the Great Gatsby find his love? I recommend this book to everyone.
 
What should I read next?

No comments:

Post a Comment