Friday, December 16, 2011

Even More Advent

Things have been a little crazy at my house lately! We had Pie Pie's Birthday weekend, I was not feeling very good and I have not been able to get to a computer to post. I'm not complaining, just explaining why my posts have been a little scattered lately! I've been wanting to share some of the highlights from the past couple of weeks.



Here's my girls and my nephew hanging out with a snowman!


1.We had the chance to visit a Holiday Light Display. It was a lot of fun for the girls and my nephew. I had fun trying to take the perfect picture. It's not easy with the lighting and a moving car.







2.We made some pomanders. These are very easy to make. You just need some lemons and/or oranges, cloves and some toothpicks. The oranges are easier for littler ones because the skin isn't as tough to poke the toothpick through. All you have to do is poke the toothpick through the skin and put a clove in the hole. We also added a ribbon. They smell really good.



3.We found a wreath in our basement and decorated it. I bought some clearance fake fruit and my mother-in-law gave me the bow. All I had to do was get out the hot glue gun and glue everything on!




4.We visited Santa. We don't actually do the whole Santa thing at our house. We have learned about the real man and believe he represents the spirit of giving. It's also convenient that it is a very short walk to see him. There's a little Santa Shack on the corner near our house. He also gives them a present. My girls will never turn that down!




5. We made some popcorn and cranberry garland. Since nobody told me, I'm going to tell you! This is a very messy craft! Popcorn was everywhere! We did have fun and it does look pretty hung up in various places. Daddy even helped. We also had my niece over, so she got in on the action too.





6. I made some cute little trees. I hot glued some doilies and beads onto cones. I love my hot glue. It does not love me as much. I got a pretty nasty burn this week. I'm okay though, don't worry!


Pants helped me with this one! She picked out the beads.

Now you know some of what we have been doing. I have also been sleeping in and skipping school! We are enjoying a nice break! I needed it! I can only ask Pie Pie to do her Math so many times. We are reading and enjoying spending time together. We will be back to the schoolbooks soon enough!

Merry Christmas Everyone!





No comments:

Post a Comment