Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Even Roosters Drink Coffee

We were reading bedtime stories the other night and I found the most exceptional illustration. The picture was in the book No Sleep for the Sheep. This book is written by Karen Beaumont and illustrated by Jackie Urbanovic. It is a humorous story about a sleepy sheep.  All of the animals take turns waking up the sheep. You have to make sure you are nice and loud when you are reading this book because there are numerous animal sounds! Bellow out that "MOOOOOOOO!" and  squeal out that "OINK!"! When the poor sheep finally gets to sleep the rooster calls out his "COCK - A- DOODLE DOO!" I won't tell you the end. You will have to read it for yourself. Your kids will love you even more than they already do!


Do you see that cup of coffee?!? I was in the middle of reading what I thought was a fairly ordinary kid's book and the rooster with the cup of coffee appeared. I love coffee and I found it very entertaining that roosters do too! It made my night! I guarantee that you will find this book a delightful read.


No comments:

Post a Comment